Spring is in the air and you guys delivered with the fresh and fruity fun recipes this month. Protein Waffles are on our list of genius ideas we wish we thought of ourselves and the lemon slice like our nan used to make but healthier has us doing a little kitchen dance. Of course we had to throw a smoothie bowl and a cheesecake in and there is even a nursery rhyme inspired treat for the kids. See you next month!! Tag us @purecocobella or #cocobellarecipe
Tangy Lemon Yoghurt Slice by @amyshealthyway
Sometimes we wonder why some of the Cocobella community don’t have their own cook books and this pretty slice from Amy Lee would not look out of place in one.
- 1 packet (205g) gluten free arrowroot biscuits
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Rind of 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup Cocobella natural coconut yoghurt
- 1tbsp vegan butter
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp rice malt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1tbsp desiccated coconut
- Rind of 1 medium lemon
- In a medium bowl, crush up the arrowroot biscuits by hand (for texture) until fine.
- Add the lemon rind & coconut to the crushed biscuits & stir to combine.
- Melt the butter (for the base) in the microwave & then combine with the rice malt syrup (for the base). Stir well until a paste is formed.
- Pour the paste over the biscuit mixture & stir really well. Pour this mixture into a lined square tray & press down evenly and firmly.
- Refrigerate the base for 20 mins roughly, whilst you move onto the filling.
- Melt the butter (for the filling) in the microwave.
- combine all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl, and mix. Add more lemon or sugar if you’d like.
- pour over the yoghurt layer and ensure it is evenly spread.
- Place the slice in the freezer to set for at least a couple of hours. Once fully set, cut into bars (I did 12) & store in the freezer!
Protein oat waffles by @healthwithkym
We can guarantee there will be no leftovers when you whip up these waffles. Who knew you could make these with oat flour and they would still taste so good.
*Makes: 3 large waffles or 4 medium-small*
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk of your choice
- 1 Banana
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- fresh berries
- 100% maple syrup
- Dollop of Cocobella yoghurt
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into waffle machine and cook until golden.
- Serve with fresh berries, 100% maple syrup and a dollop of yoghurt.
Lemon Passionfruit Cheesecake by @ohmy.treats
The bright lemon flavour bursting out of these cheesecakes has to be tried to be believed! Tag us if you make them
- 30g oats, ground to flour
- 35g coconut flour
- 20g Mayversfood peanut butter
- 10g ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp Queen Fine Foods sugar free maple syrup
- 60ml So Good Unsweetened almond milk
- 30g raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 50g light coconut cream
- 1 heaped tbsp Pure Cocobella coconut yoghurt
- 45g passion fruit pulp
- 1 tbsp Queen Fine Foods Sugar free maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 100ml So Good unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tap ground turmeric (tip to enhance the yellow colour)
Extra passion fruit pulp to top cheesecake squares.
- Mix the base ingredients together in your high speed food processor and press firmly in a small squared silicone tray. (Mine had 9 small squares)
Place in fridge to set while you prepare the other layers.
- Mix the coconut layer ingredients in your food processor as well and pour over the bases. Put back in the freezer to set.
- Mix together the remainder of the ingredients for the final layer and pour over the set coconut layer.
- Use a teaspoon per square to spoon the extra passion fruit pulp on top and pop them back in freezer for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Hot Chocolate Pancakes by @baby_k_eats
You can sing the song when you eat these creations from if you wish. Having a child to make them for and sing with is optional. So cute.
- 1 1/8 self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup hot chocolate powder
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 egg
- 3tbsp Cocobella coconut yoghurt
- 1tsp hundreds and thousand sprinkles
- Add all of your ingredients to a large bowl then mix until just combined. Over mixing will make them dense.
- Melt a little butter in a hot pan, spoon in 2-3tbsp batter. When bubbles start forming and popping on the surface flip your pancakes over and continue to cook until the other side looks set.
- Once cooled, use star shape cutters to cut your pancakes into ‘twinkle twinkle little stars’.
- Spread your yoghurt across the plate and top with your stars to create a shooting star/constellation effect then add your sprinkles.
Deep as the Ocean Green Smoothie Bowl from @nomadicfitfoodie
How can you not be inspired by these colours and exotic fruit combo? Too pretty.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 2 kiwi
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbs hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut water.
- Blend all the ingredients in a high-powered blender til smooth and top the bowls with your favourite toppings.